There are six levels of complexities involved in dealing with the structures of Divine Science.
The fifth level of unfolding comes to light in the process of teaching and uplifting humanity. It unfolds in the fourth column, divine Science, with the river Euphrates. The paintings in Christ and Christmas for this column are exclusively devoted to divine Science uplifting the universe and humanity, and so are the references in the textbook chapters that pertain to this river (link to explore).
The Recapitulation Platform
and related structures
The chapter Recapitulation contains a platform structure that is made up of 24 questions and answers. Two of these address a double topic (Question 20 and 22), which opens the door for the 26-element structure of the Bible lesson topics to be associated with the Recapitulation platform.
Mary Baker Eddy designated the Bible and the Christian Science textbook to be the pastor of her church, the Church of Christ Scientist. For this purpose she set up a structure of 26 Bible lessons to be repeated twice a year. These Bible lessons make up the major part the Sunday service in every Church of Christ Scientist around the world, in the form of a Lesson-Sermon that is not preached, but read by two readers. Obviously, the lesson topics, which Mary Baker Eddy designated to remain unaltered for all times, were designed to be a part of her pedagogical structure. The interface for bingeing the lesson topics into the foursquare pedagogical structure is provided in the chapter Recapitulation. Through this interface the RECAPITULATION platform provides a foundation for the BIBLE LESSON TOPICS and thereby enriches them.
Mary Baker Eddy also provided a counter-platform for the platform of the Bible lessons topics. This counter-platform is found in the first Glossary definition for the name ADAM. This structure is likewise a structure of 26-elements. It evidently brings the 26 distinct elements of the ADAM mythology into view, which the lesson topics (and the course of the lessons) are designed to invalidate and overturn. The interrelationship is further enriched by the Recapitulation questions themselves and the answering statements, which should logically prime the stage for the entire Bible lesson for the Lesson-Sermon that makes up the Sunday service in the Christian Science Church.
The 24 Recapitulation Elements
The following list draws together the Recapitulation question, the sequential ADAM element, and the sequential lesson topic for each of the 24 elements of the Recapitulation platform.
(01) Question: What is God?
(02) Question: Are these terms synonymous?
(03) Question: Is there more than one God or Principle?
(04) Question: What are spirits and souls?
(05) Question: What are the demands of the Science of Soul?
(06) Question: What is the scientific statement of being?
(07) Question: What is Substance?
(08) Question: What is Life?
(09) Question: What is intelligence?
(10) Question: What is Mind?
(11) Question: Are doctrines and creeds a benefit to man?
(12) Question: What is error?
(13) Question: Is there no sin?
(14) Question: What is man?
(15) Question: What are body and Soul?
(16) Question: Does brain think, and do nerves feel, and is there intelligence in matter?
(17) Question: Is it important to understand these explanations in order to heal the sick?
(18) Question: Does Christian Science, or metaphysical healing, include medication, material hygiene, mesmerism, hypnotism, theosophy, or spiritualism?
(19) Question: Is materiality the concomitant of spirituality, and is material sense a necessary preliminary to the understanding and expression of Spirit?
(20a) Question: You speak of belief.
(21) Question: Do the five corporeal senses constitute man?
(22a) Question: Will you explain sickness...
(23) Question: How can I progress most rapidly in the understanding of Christian Science?
(24) Question: Have Christian Scientists any religious creed?
In this three-part association with the RECAPITULATION questions, the ADAM elements stand in denial of the Recapitulation Platform. Consequently they become invalidated by it, while the platform of the LESSON TOPICS becomes enriched thereby. The principle for associating a platform with a matrix structure is such that one begins at the highest element position, cycling downwards line by line, to the lower levels.
The lowest row, representing NIGHT and HELL are not covered by any of the
Recapitulation related structures, for as John points out about the city foursquare in Revelation
21:25, "there shall be no night there."
The Bible Lesson Topics
The following are the 26 Bible lesson topics that were provided by Mary Baker Eddy, to be repeated every half year. The topics were evidently chosen to match her Recapitulation Platform, which had been her class-book for teaching "the Science of Healing, through Mind," probably dating back as far as 1867 when she organized her first school in "Christian Science Mind-healing."
The universal Bible lesson topics were formally introduced in 1898. The sequence of the topics was changed several times until 1908. It appears that Mary Baker Eddy may have expected people to discover the correct sequence on their own, but then, coincident with the year of her founding of the Christian Science Monitor, she provided that sequence, which had remained unchanged from this time on. The topics identified as "a." and "b." pertain to the double-topic questions in Recapitulation (question 20, and 22).